Saturday, March 7, 2009

"Work it, make it, do it, makes us harder, better, FASTER, stronger"


Some of the fabulous Jockeys from the show
L to R
Mike Smith, Jon Court, Alex Solis, Aaron Gryder, Chantal Sutherland and Joe Talamo



LOVE this woman...Chantal Sutherland
She kicks tail...



When I find something I like I am OBSESSED with it! One of my life's ambitions...attending a major horse race....Kentucky Derby and The Breeders Cup specifically. Animal Planet has just launched a new show, Jockeys. Yippeee! I LOVE it! It is SO fascinating and yep, you guessed it...educational! Did you know that they only get paid if they place 1st through 4th??? Talk about pressure on the job! And when they do place they only get 10% of the purse. It also fascinates me that they start SO YOUNG...Joe Talamo...who is one of the most wanted jockeys right now is only 18! Can you imagine winning a $150,00 purse in about 2 minutes at 18 years old?? Veteran jockey Jon Court began as a jockey at 16 yrs old. My favorite horse is Curlin...riden by Robby Albarado who began his jockey career at 12 yrs old! New episodes of JOCKEYS comes on Animal Planet on Friday nights.


No comments: