Sunday, May 24, 2009

Activity As Tolerated


Chap was so happy to see his brother!


Big Brother Sambo playing in Chap's hospital bed...he missed his brother SO much


PRECIOUS ANGEL! He was such a big boy!



The first day...not feeling well at all!




WHEW...I am SO glad this roller coaster weekend is over! Friday morning I took Chap to Dr. Carter because I just knew he was getting dehydrated. He had a super high fever and a terrible stomach virus. And sure enough...to the hospital we go! Chap was such a sweetheart...he tolerated all the needles and torture SO WELL. His first IV infiltrated so they had to start a second! I felt so sorry for him. The staff was wonderful. I'm just now realizing how handy it is to be a nurse! I got to take care of my baby just like he was my patient. Doing all the "scary" procedures was so much easier with mommy doing it:-)
He was discharged this morning. Chivas took my sweet baby home and I had to work a 12 hour shift today on the second floor! It was crazy! Luckily I was pretty well rested from laying in the hospital bed with Chapman all weekend. I had to FORCE myself to write this post and add the photos...tired is not the word for how I feel right now! I have a sweet video from Sam's graduation program Thursday night but I'm going to have to add it later! My bed is calling my name! Thanks for the prayers for my sweet little man...he's feeling much better now:-)











2 comments:

Shane, Natalie, Madelyn & Murphy said...

Awwww. I love the pictures of little Chap!! I'm so happy he is doing better! Hospital beds is NOT were little toddler boys belong!

MeganLeigh said...

Pictures are adorabe! Sam and Chap kinda look alike in the first pic! Glad little Chap is feeling better!