Monday, July 8, 2013

We have a 9 year old?!?!

Did I mention Sam is 9????
Listen, I don't know what's happening with this time flying by but I'm pretty fed up with it.
I'm not completely sure that Sam understands what he means to me. Y'all, he is special. Seriously. You ever just meet someone a think, " dang, they broke the mold." ? Well that's my Sam. Everyday I think to myself that I don't deserve such a blessing. I swear, his heart must weigh 50 pounds. He loves everyone. Even if you are an asshole, rude, mean as a yard dog...he loves you. And he'd do anything for you too. He's a "shirt off his back" kind of guy. And I don't know where he gets these qualities. I jokingly believe he won't have a nickel to his name when he's old and grey because he will have given it all away to someone who needed it more. And this kid is talented. He can sing, he's got the moves like jagger, he can entertain anyone.
He's smart. He never forgets anything. He thinks outside of the box. He IS just different from all the other boys his age. He's the boy who cried tears of pure happiness when he got a four wheeler for his birthday but let his little brother ride it first. He's the boy who helps the old dude at Walmart load his groceries in his car because its "too hot out here for old people". If you are smart, you'd get to know him.
Now, don't get me wrong...he likes to be pampered too. And he LOVES to eat! My suggestion for his future wife will be to cook well and plenty! Sam, thank you for being my right hand. Thank you for being you. Please be careful. I know you think you are tough stuff but you are not invincible...although I wish you were. Please don't let this mean old world harden your heart. Don't ever be embarrassed about your silly side. You are the best big brother! We are so blessed to have you! Happy 9th birthday!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: