Friday, February 20, 2009

Living with the Machigenga

One of the precious little children of the tribe.

Olly, my favorite...he's so funny...the tribal women hate him hahaha....they say "he's too ugly!"

Mark shooting his bow and arrow

Gorgeous Amazon landscape


One of the tribal women with her baby. This amazes me...can you imagine taking care of a baby in the jungle???? Notice the baby sling...we can learn so much from these people who have adapted so well to their lives and surroundings.


I don't have time to watch much TV but the one and only show I absolutely MUST watch is Mark and Olly: Living with the Machigenga! In the third season of the show Mark Anstice and Olly Steeds travel to the Peruvian Amazon jungle to live with and learn from the remote Machigenga tribe. I know what you're thinking..."boring educational television"...well that's what Chivas says anyways! But ya'll, I promise this show is hilarious! I guess I'm a big dork but I believe that if it isn't an educational show it isn't worth watching! It comes on Sunday nights on the Travel Channel. Believe me when I say that not only will you learn tons about these amazing people, you will laugh your booty off watching it! Plus, the scenery is breathtaking! One of my goals in life (which is an entire other post in itself) is to visit a remote tribe, learn from their culture, and provide any medical care needed. Anyone want to join me???



No comments: