Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chap's Belated Check-up

Somehow in the hustle and bustle of our life we are just now taking Chap to his 12 month check up! Yes, he is 16 months old! Every time I took him either Dr. Freeman wasn't there or Chap was sick and couldn't get his immunizations! So to make myself feel like a better Mama I tell myself that I intentionally delayed his immunizations like MckMama! And all is right with the world again...ANYWAYS...
Nana and I took Sam and Chap to Jackson yesterday to the appointment. My poor gummi bear baby got 4 shots:-( One in each limb. He tolerated it just about as well as any toddler...you know, screaming...crocodile tears...the whole 9 yards! He is still my angel baby though! It is no surprise that Chap is a mini-man...at a precious tiny 20 pounds and 29 inches long he is in the 3rd percentile in his length and below the 3rd in his weight. I know, I know...like I said...mini-man. Doctor Welch (because Dr. Freeman wasn't there!!! again!!!) said he thinks Chap is okay...his weight and his height match but we need to follow up carefully with his growth. The kid eats like a horse! He eats more than his super small brother (whose Indian name is "Stands Short" i remind you). So I guess we will just be little people...little, healthy, tan people.




2 comments:

Rachel said...

Little healthy tan people. That is so true! Ya'll are all cutie patooties.

Rachel said...

If it makes you feel better, Joe is (and almost always has been) 95% for weight and height. His is humongously tall and solid muscle. I don't think I've been able to hold him since he was 3!